Adventure Church is very honored to have this opportunity to teach your children. We know how important your child’s spiritual growth is. One of our goals for Adventure Kids is for the students to enter into a relationship with Jesus and continue to deepen their faith in Him. We know God wants to have a special relationship with your child, and we are putting a few changes in place to help each student grow.
Beginning August 18th, Adventure Kids will have two hours of programming. During first hour we have a team devoted to making the most of this time with a live Bible story, worship and small group time. During small group, the focus will be on reinforcing the story, memorizing Scripture, and serving others in order to internalize the week’s message. Each month students will have the opportunity to put into action what they are learning by completing service projects that connect to the monthly virtue. For example: in August the virtue is “Obedience.” The students will be making blankets for patients at Children’s Hospitals in order to obediently care for the sick.
During second hour, the older students (ages 4 and up) will move to the sanctuary to watch a video about the week’s message, and then will have high-energy programming. They will be able to build friendships with each other while playing games. The younger students will have structured playtime in the classroom and on the boat.
Three key leaders will be joining the Adventure Kids team to help us accomplish these goals. Sydney Ansell will serve as the Special Needs Coordinator (“Adventure Angels”). She will be leading the Special Needs workers to make sure the teachers are familiar with necessary modifications and the students feel comfortable participating in the program.
Stephanie Brooks will serve as the Service Coordinator and will be leading the service project each month that connects to the virtue. Each project will be sent out to different communities to minister to others. There will be a world map in the Roots lounge for the students and parents to see all the regions blessed by our students’ service.
Sheri Hammonds will serve as the Spiritual Growth Coordinator. Sheri will be partnering with us to lead the students to take the “next steps” in their relationship with Christ. She will be coordinating the Baptism classes, communion, offering and a 5th grade team to serve as ushers during worship. In addition to all of this, Sheri will also be developing ways for parents and students to connect at home over the lessons.
As we move forward, communication from Adventure Kids will look a little different. You will receive a monthly newsletter, which includes the memory verse, virtue, and Bible stories with the Bottom Line message for each week. As we partner together in encouraging our students spiritual growth, this will be a great way for you to reinforce the memory verse and bottom line message on the car ride home. Adventure Kids will be using Facebook and Twitter weekly. There will be opportunities for the whole family to participate in activities at home that connect to the monthly virtue.
Hopefully, you are as excited about the new program as we are. In order to accomplish all this, some new policies will be put into place. Please read the following information so that we can all work together. Thank you, again, for the opportunity to be involved with your children!
Adventure Kids Director
Adventure Kids Policies:
- Parents must sign in all students. Drop off begins at 9:45. Each student must wear the Child ID name tag, and the parents need to fill out appropriate information. Once checked in students must go directly to the classroom.
- Parents must pick up their students no later than 11:10 (if student is 1st hour of programming only), and 12:00 for those attending both hours. Students do not need to be picked up if staying for both hours.
- The students not attending 2nd hour will be placed in room 106 for pick up.
- Students staying for 2nd hour will transition to the sanctuary at 11:15. Students will not be available for pick up during this process. Once the students are situated in the sanctuary, the students will be able to be picked up through the check out table.
- Students will not be allowed to participate in communion without a parent’s signature.
- Aggressive Behavior Policy:
-In the event a child bites or is showing signs of aggressive behavior then a childcare worker will notify the parents. The parent will need to remove their child from the classroom immediately. If a child repeatedly demonstrates the above mentioned behavior then the parent needs to stay in the classroom with the child until both the Director and parent agree the child has outgrown their aggressive behavior.
- Students must be taken to the bathroom before being checked in. During Seeds programming, students must be taken to the bathroom by an adult.
- Seeds bathrooms are for students only. All bathroom doors must be left open.